Nov 30, 2012

Preview - The Samaritan Paradox

Colourful and yet sombre, the graphics provide a beautiful backdrop for the story.

Petter Ljungqvist has been a fairly prominent figure in the AGS community for some time, and I've been waiting for quite some time to see what he will make next. Judging by what I've played and seen of The Samaritan Paradox, his recently announced project, it looks to be something quite special indeed.

The project sports a graphic style that somehow manages to be serious, moody and atmospheric - whilst still being evocative and otherworldly. My admiration for the visuals are in no way without bias - Ljungqvist has provided drawing advice to me in my early days as a game designer, and I have admired his work for many years - but this world is quite easily the most expressive I've seen him draw yet, a remarkable feat.

With a plot that promises to tread the line between a detective mystery and a fantasy adventure, The Samaritan Paradox is one adventure to keep an eye on. It's still available for pre-order for a short time, and the game is slated for a 2013 release, and I am very interested to see how this project turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment